- 2 large onions, peeled & finely chopped
- 15 oz FRESH lemon juice
- 4 large avocados
- 4 oz fresh cilantro
- 3 oz serrano chilies, deseeded, deveined & chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 oz ricotta or feta cheese, crumbled
Marinate the onion in the lemon juice for 30 minutes, then drain and set aside. (I usually use the lemon/onion juice for something else….) Mash the avocado, add cilantro, marinated onion, 1/2 the pomegranate seeds and serrano chilies. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange in bowl with scattered pomegranate seeds and crumbled cheese on top.