I’m not kidding you guys. This dip is delicious, so make sure you get in there before your guests have consumed it all!
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tin good quality crab meat
- 1 diced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 14 oz container artichoke hearts (diced)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar (I like white)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onion or chives
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream … then add the Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire, & horseradish. Give this mixture a good blend, I like to use my hand held blender for this to make sure it is all smooth and creamy. If you do this before you add the rest of the ingredients all your flavouring will be evenly distributed before you stir in the rest.
Gently fold in the diced roasted red pepper, diced artichoke hearts, shredded cheese, sliced onion and lemon juice. Stir carefully at this point so you keep all the distinct colours and textures. Lastly stir in the crab meat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until it is bubbling. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette, and stand back …. watch the crowd go wild.
I bet that dip is really good. Thanks for sharing your recipe.