I love the way the herbs stay fresh and green, and the cheesy tender dough is delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 4 cups flour
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup herbs, chopped finely (today I used parsley, chives, oregano and basil)
- 1 tsp salt
Toss together, and set aside.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh herbs
- 2 cups milk
Pour wet ingredients into flour/zucchini mixture and mix together lightly. DO NOT OVERMIX. That leads to tougher dough.
Pour into parchment lined loaf pans.
Sprinkle a little flake salt over top.
Bake at 350 for 45 – 60 minutes. Start testing at 45, and as soon as the tester comes out clean remove from the oven.