Longer brighter days are coming and I can’t wait. We have a salad almost every night, and with the warmer weather approaching they often take the form of a “meal in a salad”. This dressing hits it out of the park for a delicious flavour bomb to dress pretty much anything with. Give it a try, I guarantee you’ll be hooked.
- 1/4 cup tamari (can sub soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- dash of fish sauce (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 garlic clove, grated (unless they are home grown, then maybe 1/4-1/2 a clove) :o)
- 1″ ginger, grated
- thinly sliced scallions
Put everything in a jar and shake vigorously – really vigorously. If you use warm water it will help loosen up the miso if it’s straight out of the fridge.
This recipe came from our friend Alex – she is an amazing cook, and agreed to let me post it! #abcooks