Pumpkin season or not, these healthy, moist and delicious muffins are a great way to start any day. Perfect for lunch kits or a mid morning pick up too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice
10 grates of fresh nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
2 large carrots, grated (should equal about 2 cups grated
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 apple, diced or grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk to combine.
- Next, mix in the sugar, molasses, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree, stirring just until everything is mixed.
- Lastly, fold in the fruits and vegetables, making sure not to over mix.
- Grease or line a muffin pan. Then use a 1/3 scoop to fill each tin up. Bake the muffins for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a middle muffin comes out clean. Remove the pan and allow the muffins to cool for a couple minutes before removing them from the pan.
One of the things that I love about these muffins is how versatile you can be – use any nut instead of the pecan, or replace the cranberries with raisins or chopped dates. Today’s mix included half a grated apple and 1/3 cup diced pineapple!