I love this mix, tastes great and made up ahead of time, it is just as easy as buying a premix package, but tastes way way better!
(Makes 4 batches of pancakes)
4 cups flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl and store in an airtight container or zip-close plastic bag.
2. Tape pancake instructions to the dry mix receptacle.
To make the pancake (to serve 4 people)
1. Scoop one cup of dry pancake mix into a bowl. Add one egg, one cup of milk and one tablespoon of melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
2. Preheat a pan or griddle over medium high heat until 375 F. Grease the pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
3. Pour the batter onto the preheated pan or griddle by 1/4 cup measures (or any size you like) and cook until bubbles appear on the surface of each cake. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, until the second side is golden brown.
(If you like blueberry or banana pancakes, drop the fruit onto the pancake as soon as you have it on the surface of the pan.)
4. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice like butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and fruit. Sloan and I like our pancakes with a little brown sugar sprinkled over, then a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.