This is delicious, which makes it a winner in my books! The biggest bonus is that the whole dish comes together very quickly with ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen anyway. The dipping sauce is a bit sweet, a bit spicy and a bit tangy from the yogurt.
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- 1 pound shrimp (raw, peeled and deveined)
- Mix together the first four ingredients and set aside.
- Thread shrimp on skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30 minutes first).
- Brush the shrimp with some of the sauce and leave the rest for dipping after they are cooked.
- Grill shrimp until just cooked through – it only takes a few minutes so watch carefully to be sure they are’t overcooked.
If you’ve had these at a Chinese restaurant they are usually deep fried in a light batter, and the dipping sauce is a lot heavier – made with mayonnaise. I prefer this version made with greek yogurt, and I bet you will too!