My BFF Jean made a version like this when we met up in Osoyoos for wine tasting, and it was just perfect. She made it into a one pot meal by using quick cooking Ramen noodles, which cooked in a large pot of boiling water, adding veg and shrimp at the appropriate times to get it all cooked. Drain it in a colander and pour the sauce over – presto, deliciousness!!!
These are really just suggestions. Tonight I used broccoli and sweet coloured peppers.
- 2 servings of rice noodles
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetables, such as :
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- ½ pound snow peas, ends trimmed and shredded
- sweet coloured peppers
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional）
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- chopped cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Mix ginger, garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chicken stock and chili flakes in a bowl, puree and set aside.
- Soak rice noodles in very hot water until just al dente, drain and set aside.
- Remove the ingredients from heat and drain with a colander.
- In saute pan, stir fry vegetables until just crisp tender. Remove and stir fry prawns just until plump and tender. Be careful not to overcook them – that can happen in the blink of an eye.
Return all ingredients to saute pan and stir to mix. Add in enough noodles just to get the balance right.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the noodles and mix well.
- Top with cilantro, peanut, sesame seeds and lime wedges to serve.
You can use any noodle if you don’t want the rice noodles, just cook according to package directions.