These Korean Beef tacos are incredibly delicious … who would have thought?? Just try them – as a bonus you won’t believe how quick and easy this is.
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- KOREAN BEEF: In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes; set aside.
- KIMCHI: Heat sesame oil in small skillet over medium high heat. Add kimchi and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, until caramelized and heated through, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- SRIRACHA MAYONNAISE: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha and lime juice; set aside.
- TACOS: Serve ground beef mixture in tortillas, topped with kimchi, red onion, cilantro and sesame seeds, drizzled with Sriracha mayonnaise.
I used pork tonight but you can easily use beef, chicken or tofu – it’s the seasoning that will win you over.
I got this recipe from Damn Delicious – if you haven’t checked out her blog you definitely should, every recipe I’ve tried has been fantastic.