These Korean Beef tacos are incredibly delicious … who would have thought?? Just try them – as a bonus you won’t believe how quick and easy this is.
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- KOREAN BEEF: In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes; set aside.
- KIMCHI: Heat sesame oil in small skillet over medium high heat. Add kimchi and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, until caramelized and heated through, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- SRIRACHA MAYONNAISE: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha and lime juice; set aside.
- TACOS: Serve ground beef mixture in tortillas, topped with kimchi, red onion, cilantro and sesame seeds, drizzled with Sriracha mayonnaise.
Kimchi is great, but have you ever had it like this? Amazing what a little caramelization can do.
I used pork tonight but you can easily use beef, chicken or tofu – it’s the seasoning that will win you over.
Set everything out and assemble your tacos – serve with a tossed salad and dinner is quick, easy and fantastic.
I got this recipe from Damn Delicious – if you haven’t checked out her blog you definitely should, every recipe I’ve tried has been fantastic.