Laksa …. or Thai curry noodle soup …. whatever you call this, you are going to L O V E the exquisitely well balanced flavours in this noodle bowl. This dish is so versatile and can be a completely vegetarian or even vegan dinner with a few tweaks.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 prawns/shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 chicken breast, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 2 tsp ginger , finely grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass , peeled, finely grated
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Penang curry paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp chilli garlic paste or other chilli paste , adjust to taste
- about 4-5 cups of fresh vegetables – sliced and ready to be added to the broth
- 400 g/14oz coconut milk
- 2 cups /500ml chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 slices fresh galangal
- 2 tsp lime zest (1 lime)
- 200 g / 7 oz fresh egg noodles, prepared per packet (although really you can use any noodle)
- Big handful bean sprouts
- Lime wedges
- Fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- Sliced red onion or scallions
Place noodles in bowl. Ladle over soup.
Top with bean sprouts and coriander, plus toppings of choice (chilli, red onion, Asian fried shallots).
Squeeze over lime juice to taste.
This recipe came from a great food blog – RecipeTin Eats – pop on over to her blog for some more great recipes.