Everybody family has a favourite banana bread, but you may want to give this one a try! So moist and delicious, and to seal the deal, it is super easy and quick. If you are in a hurry, just make the recipe into muffins and they will be ready in 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas, mashed (4 if they are small)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Sprinkle raw sugar mixed with cinnamon over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
Variations: (add at the end)
chopped walnuts, or chocolate chips, or (even better) a few chocolate chips and a few Skor bits